Dedicated Servers, Managed IT Services, Cloud Hosting, PCI Compliant Hosting | Layered Tech
Myows is the Free Online Copyright Solution recommended by the Freelance Community
Learn more about Myows' Copyright Protection and Management Solutions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Max July 2012

Tagged

User ID copyright?
  • I have used the same userID on almost everything I have done online for over 5 years and I just found out today that I have over 22,000 listings for that ID on Google!
    Well the idea worked - if I use the same user id people can find me on different sites! But how do I protect my user id??? I found one site "Asian videos" that had my user id but I had never been there before and it was supposed to be a video site (youtube) but I didnt dig to see if my videos from youtube were there.

Any suggestions, OTHER than creating an acct on every site, would be really appreciated.

Long time customer & fan! Love you guys!
  • Hi Sandy and thank you for your support

Thats a very valid concern - and I guess there is nothing you can do to prevent this :(

I have also recently experienced this with a user on a "Occupy Wall Street" forum who chose the username, you guessed it, "myows"!
    Fearless web designer, copyright consultant and startup owner on a Quest for Simplicity.