Dedicated Servers, Managed IT Services, Cloud Hosting, PCI Compliant Hosting | Layered Tech
Myows is the Free Online Copyright Solution recommended by the Freelance Community
Learn more about Myows' Copyright Protection and Management Solutions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged

what happens if my name changes?!
  • I'm currently engaged, and we're planning on getting married next year. I'm using his name as my surname in my workplace because I've just started working for my mum! But what happens when we get married and I change my name? will i still hold the copyright I had as Ms Smith when I'm Mrs Johnson???!!!
  • Hi deralia!

That's a very good question that probably needs a lawyerly answer. I will ask Steve, the Myows legal expert, to give you an appropriate answer.

Best Regards

Max
    Fearless web designer, copyright consultant and startup owner on a Quest for Simplicity.
  • Hi again,

I asked Steve, who said that as long as you can prove you were Ms Smith before becoming Mrs Johnson, it doesn't matter if you mark your work as ©Smith or ©Johnson
    Fearless web designer, copyright consultant and startup owner on a Quest for Simplicity.
  • Hi please help . Ive obviously set up my account with my real name but i write my piems with my partners surname as a pseudonym. How will this work ?
  • Shouldn't be an issue