Online Copyright Protection Basics for Digital Creatives & Busy Startup Owners
Published on 02.06.12
Today I wrote a guest post about the basics of copyright for Wixel’s blog readers. Wixel is the company behind the awesome Boxrockit, a platform that allows you to sell your digital goods in the most simple way.
The article is called Copyright Protection for Those Who Didn’t Attend Law School and is geared towards busy digital creatives and startup owners. In it I cover some copyright basics in what I hope to be layman’s terms:
- Why Copyright exists
- What licenses are
- Who owns copyright on a remix
- Some common reactions to copyright theft amongst creatives
- Some recent cases of copyright infringement we also exposed in our blog
- What you should do when you find copies of your work online
- And finally, why you should care
Go check it out here and please tell me what you think in wixel’s comment section.